"Here's a zinger.Two out of five adult citizens in NC are either not registered or not voting – there’s lots of room for improvement!" writes Bob Hall of Democracy North Carolina. To address this serious problem of democracy, there's a new web site, www.2008ElectionConnection.com, that answers questions like:
- How do I vote by mail?
- Can a 17 year old vote in the primary?
- What about ex-felons?
- Where is my polling place?
- What is Same Day Registration & Voting?
- Can people who are registered as Unaffiliated vote in the primary?
- Where do I vote if I'm a college student? Or if I've recently moved?
It provides links to free English and Spanish voter registration
forms, one-stop voting sites, toll-free hotlines, precinct polling
locations, every county board of elections, and other resources to
increase your power.
It also has a section (“Do More”) about what individuals, nonprofit organizations, businesses, schools, churches, etc., can do to increase voter participation in North Carolina.