Moral Monday 12 Promo!
They want to take back the rights won with the blood, sweat and tears of our forefathers and mothers with policies such as:
- A new Poll Tax disguised as Voter ID,
- Cuts to Early Voting, ending Same-Day Registration and banning Sunday Voting;
- Taking away a $2500 tax credit from parents whose children do not vote at home while they are at college;
- Making felons who have served their debt to society wait another 5 years and get supported by a unanimous decision by the local board of elections to get their right to vote back;
- An other initiatives to make it harder for some people to vote.
The program will
take a special look at the impact on public education and the criminal
justice system through the lens of civic engagement and voting.
We need you there to take a stand!
For those who choose to petition the legislature through nonviolent civil disobedience, based on their own moral conscience, it is CRITICAL that you attend a briefing and information session beforehand:
Christian Faith Baptist Church
509 Hilltop Drive
Monday, July 22 at 3:00 pm
Everyone else please meet us at Halifax Mall!
Please note the 3 visitor parking lots/decks. There is also street parking and more decks further south on Wilmington Street.
Halifax Mall is located between the Legislative Office Building
(300 N. Salisbury Street) and the General Assembly (16 W. Jones